1 – What’s up with us this week
HowAzon.com has been updated – it is now easier for you to navigate and go through the steps for getting that first box sent in to FBA! Find It, Prep It, List It, Ship It !
- Hit 5 thrift stores on way home from PA.
- “Dead Tech” – fax modem, floppy disks, books, textbooks, toys, cds
- Went to a local small book sale
- Processed/packed inventory (NOT shipped yet!)
- Sales are back to normal !!
- $200+ in reimbursements from FBAManager.com
- Still selling Easter items! $75 sale!
- 3 “Magic 25” items
- Thrifted with Danni Ackerman in Las Vegas
- Bought a new tablet
- 3+ hour Skype call with Beth about our FBA businesses
- Published long blog post about day of scouting with Danni Ackerman – click here to read it.
- Even while traveling and having “down days”, things are still selling on Amazon!
- Lots of items to process from all that scouting!
2 – Questions & Flips
- Teach Yourself Japanese Complete Course Package (Book + CD pack) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071431578 Paid $3 UVG – Sold $36.95 (Sent It Dec) Used my JFJ Easy Pro to clean up the CD’s
- Wilton Barney Purple Dinosaur Full-body Waving Cake Pan Disney http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00117E50W Paid $6 UVG – sold $ $28.99 (Sent It 3 weeks ago)
- Saxon Math 6/5: Homeschool, 3rd Edition http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591413184 Paid $3 UVG Sold $25 – Amazon sells new $40.17 Another UVG FBA seller has it listed $23.99. Magic of $25! and a great Niche Book.
- 1950’s Car themed puzzle (New) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000096R8E Paid $4, Sold $17.50 – New , 10 months.
- Shirley Temple (Blue Banner Biographies) [Hardcover]  Bankston, Johnhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1584151722 Paid $0.25 (library sale), Used-GOOD (ex-library book) sold for $59.99! within 12 months. – Great example of a “Niche Book”.
- America’s Reconstruction: People and Politics After the Civil War [Paperback] http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0807122343 paid $0.50, Used-VG, sold for $16.95 within 1 month!
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BVDMEZ4 Turned $39 into $325. April 6th bought 39 of these at Big Lots for $1 each. Was selling on AZ $10 each I bundled 3 up & sold them for magic $25. Sold the last bundle on April 22nd.
- This was showcased in the Dead Tech book Debra and Beth just put out. – Bought for $2 – sold for $31.47…in…wait for it…3 days! http://www.amazon.com/TDK-15847-DISKETTE-NEON-DS-HD/dp/B00081GF8M
- Picked this up in a give away pile for $.25 and sold for $14.99 Cancer the forbidden cures DVD to someone in Luxemburg http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003S02QII
Want to hear about MORE GREAT FLIPS? We share flips often in our free Thrifting for Profit Facebook Group. Come join in the fun!
(note: this is a free group. To sign up just click here, then click on the “join” button and we’ll add you to the group ASAP.)
Topics we’ve been discussing in our Facebook Group this week:
- Conversation about Amazon’s “Inventory Placement Program” ($0.30/item). We haven’t used this program and asked others to share their experience https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriftingforprofit/permalink/498335820215091/
- Collecting Sales Tax… this is an issue that always get’s lot’s of chatter: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriftingforprofit/permalink/498356263546380/
- Tips about today’s topic – Shipping: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriftingforprofit/permalink/498409333541073/
3 – Main Topic – Shipping Inventory to Amazon FBA Warehouses
You’ll want to take a look at our Shipping Inventory to Amazon FAQ (Boxes, Weight, Size & Cost)
Today’s special guest is Charlene Anderson – Purveyor of All Things Creative
In addition to being a talented Artist, Charlene Anderson sells jewelry making tools, knitting tools and supplies and other unique items for arts and crafts on Amazon and eBay. Through these products she seeks to communicate her creative artistry and share her vision of art to her customers…and to make money!
Charlene has years of experience shipping items to Amazon and to customers directly. She shares her knowledge with us in this podcast.
What we covered in the podcast:
You will find information on all of this (and more) in the article: Shipping Inventory to Amazon FBA FAQ
- What kind of boxes to use for shipping?
- What sizes to use for shipping?
- Where do I get boxes?
- Packing oversize items.
- Resizing boxes.
- Dunnage (packing material)
- Box weight limits.
- Weighing your boxes.
- Many people use a “Weigh Max” brand scale.
- Shipping costs.
- Shipping labels
- free from UPS if you have a free account.
- WorldShip Peel and Stick Label – 2 per page – Item Number 01774501 http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/docs/internet_labels.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=internet+label&WT.svl=SRCH
- How to get incorrect measurements/weights shown on Product Pages corrected.
Questions from the chat room answered “on air”
- If we buy them from uline should we get what they call ” double wall corrugated”?
- What about using boxes with handles?
- What size boxes do you use most often?
- Can we use packing peanuts
- Does Amazon have some guidelines written down about boxes being shipped to them?
- Lots more info on this in this article: Shipping Inventory to Amazon FAQ
- Do you just use a Exacto knife to cut down?
- Can you recommend a good scale to buy?
- Many people use a “Weigh Max” brand scale.
- Do you use 3″ tape?
- Beth does – makes taping easier.
Lots more info about Shipping in this in this article: Shipping Inventory to Amazon FAQ
4 – Other Topics We Discussed
Inventory Placement Program
- We didn’t get to cover it in this podcast – it warrants a show all it’s own (along with split shipments).
- Discussion about Amazon’s Inventory Placement Program in our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriftingforprofit/permalink/498335820215091/
Do you have a question about Amazon FBA, Thrifting or any of the topics discussed in this podcast?
- Ask your question on our Free Facebook Group (once there, click the “Join” button) or leave us a comment below this post. We will get back to you ASAP!
Other Links & Resources:
- Our FREE Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/thriftingforprofit/ – click on the “Join” button and we’ll add you to the group ASAP!
- Freebies & Guides from Debra & Beth to help you with your Amazon FBA business! http://thriftingforprofit.com/freebies-guides/
- Our Recommended Resources can be found here: http://thriftingforprofit.com/recommended-resources/
Next week’s show….
Charlene will join us again and we will update you on our progress with wholesale sourcing and selling. Plus… some interesting things we are figuring out with Wholesale AND Magic $25 combined.
Make sure you can join us live if you can… we have giveaways again.
Listen live to the show Fridays, 2pm ET at http://thriftingforprofit.com/listen