In this Podcast we discuss what we have learned about Wholesale Sourcing with Charlene Anderson. She answers a bunch of Wholesale Sourcing questions – a MUST LISTEN for anyone thinking of getting into Wholesale Sourcing for their Amazon FBA business!
As usual, we share some thrifty flips and Charlene shares an awesome thrifty story!
1 – What’s up with us this week
- Went to four thrift stores.
- Processed and shipped a bunch of thrifted items form this week and last.
- Ordered a few items retail to test for possible wholesale sourcing in the future.
- Did a little bit of retail arbitrage.
- Got out to a thrift store !!
- Sent in to FBA or donated every item that was sitting.
- Working on sourcing and applying for Wholesale accounts.
- Did some retail arbitrage online sourcing to test items for wholesale.
2 – Questions & Flips
Only shared 1 flip each so we could spend more time talking about Wholesale with Charlene.
- 5 book set – U-VG http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1556617682 Paid $3, recently repriced and sold for $33.84 , $21 profit
- Successful Beverage Management http://www.amazon.com/Successful-Beverage-Management-Robert-Plotkin/dp/0945562276 This time I paid $29 with shipping and sold it within a month or so… for $99.99. $52.88 Profit.
Charlene’s thrifting flip story:
- Charlene tells us how an eBay consignment sale she did years ago lead to even more profits recently thanks to Craigslist – totally by accident!
Want to hear about MORE GREAT FLIPS? We share flips often in our free Thrifting for Profit Facebook Group. Come join in the fun!
(note: this is a free group. To sign up just click here, then click on the “join” button and we’ll add you to the group ASAP.)
Topics we’ve been discussing in our Facebook Group this week:
- Lots of talk about using scanning apps and PDA scanners
- Selling old computer games
- Lots of awesome flips shared by group members
- A bunch of members sending in their first FBA shipments
- Free (for now) ebook from Jordan Malik: Amazon.com Sales Rank Decoded – quick read.
3 – Main Topic: Wholesale Sourcing with Charlene Anderson – Part 1
(formerly: From Widget Sourcing to Deep Sourcing)
We are starting to use some of our Thrifting Profits towards sourcing wholesale. We touched on this topic in last weeks show and went into to depth about the “Why We Are Working On Growing Our Business” in these two articles:
- From Widget Sourcing to Deep Sourcing: How Are You Going to Grow Your Business http://thriftingforprofit.com/from-widget-sourcing-to-deep-sourcing-how-are-you-going-to-grow-your-business/
- Thrifting as a Gateway to Wholesale Sourcing http://thriftingforprofit.com/thrifting-as-a-gateway-to-wholesale-sourcing/
- Questions & Topics Discussed:
Most of these questions came directly from listeners in the chat room. There are many more questions that Debra, Beth and the listeners have for Charlene so we have scheduled Wholesale Sourcing with Charlene – Part 2 for Friday, March 8, 2013. And you can always ask questions in our free Facebook Group too!
- How do you do product testing – before you place a wholesale order?
- What do you look at before ordering a possible product to source wholesale?
- What is Charlene’s Profit goal monetarily per month doing wholesale on ebay and Amazon?
- Does Charlene go to trade shows?
- How many hours does Charlene work per week just on her Amazon business?
- What paperwork do you need to start wholesale?
- Should I tell wholesale places that I am selling online?
- Does Charlene do any coaching?
- If they (wholesaler) asks about your store do you show them your Amazon store?
- Is it better to have your store in your name, or a fictitious name?
- Other Podcasts With Charlene Anderson:
- Tradeshows – “Ask Janelle” Radio Show – Feb. 26, 2013 – http://wsradio.com/wsradio/show_details/59/0
- Amazon Insurance – ThatKat Radio http://www.thatkat.com/2012/11/07/amazon-insurance-questions-with-charlene-anderson/
- Thrifting – Thrifting for Profit Podcast – Episode 07 – http://thriftingforprofit.com/tfp-thrifting-for-profit-podcast-episode-07-thrifting-with-charlene-anderson/
- Insurance – Thrifting for Profit podcast – Episode 14 http://thriftingforprofit.com/tfp-thrifting-for-profit-podcast-episode-14-new-years-business-resolutions/
- Wholesale – FBA Radio – January 16, 2012 – http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-112441/TS-580152.mp3
- Great info about Niches here – Things I Got Right the First Time – The Savvy Seller – Episode 56 – http://podbay.fm/show/281510214/e/1244055891?autostart=1
- Meet Charlene Anderson – The Savvy Seller – Episode 14 – http://ip.podcast-directory.co.uk/episodes/episode14-meet-charlene-anderson-purveyor-of-all-things-creative-11991889.html
- Thing I Learned the Hard Way – The Savvy Seller – Episode 43 – http://podbay.fm/show/281510214/e/1223391818
4 – Amazon News
Buyer-Seller Messaging Service Adds “Cancel Order” Link To E-mails
Feb 18, 2013
We have launched a new feature that will allow buyers to cancel an order without affecting Seller Ratings. Seller-to-buyer messages now contain new text in the footer that reads “To cancel your order, please click here.” When the buyer clicks the link, they are guided through the order cancellation process. Orders cancelled in this manner will be marked as buyer-requested. Learn more about the Buyer-Seller Messaging Service.
Do you have a question about Amazon FBA, Thrifting or any of the topics discussed in this podcast?
- Ask your question on our Free Facebook Group (once there, click the “Join” button) or leave us a comment below this post. We will get back to you ASAP!
Other Links & Resources:
- Our FREE Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/thriftingforprofit/ – click on the “Join” button and we’ll add you to the group ASAP!
- Freebies & Guides from Debra & Beth to help you with your Amazon FBA business! http://thriftingforprofit.com/freebies-guides/
- Our Recommended Resources can be found here: http://thriftingforprofit.com/recommended-resources/
Listen live to the show Fridays, 2pm ET at http://thriftingforprofit.com/listen
You can find our archived podcasts here: http://thriftingforprofit.com/podcast